Here is our lovely multipurpose building as it stands today! The downstairs is church and ministry space, as delineated below, and the upstairs will be our home! We are beyond excited to live and work and disciple all within our church community.
The First Floor
There are five main sections to the first floor:
- A large storage depo. This will safely house all of our church equipment- podium, bibles, pews, speaker, generator etc. It also houses construction materials so they can no longer “walk away” from the worksite at night.
- A small visitor/hospitality room for those coming visit our church and ministry. Also available for local crisis housing in our community as needed.
- A multi-purpose larger room, for additional storage as we build the church, but with long-term usability for elder care food bank purposes.
- Toilets! Available for community events, outreach/AWANA and of course our church services.
- A small covered porch area for smaller discipleship meetings and fellowship.
After two years of living in Bois-Caimaan but ministering in La-Revoir, (a fourty-minute drive on a good day, assuming no riots or road blocks), we are anxiously awaiting the day we can move in and live with the people we are trying to reach.
Our home has a great space for the kids, a master bedroom, an open-air living room, a kitchen and a bathroom! It’s secure, in a beautiful location, and will so greatly facilitate better discipleship by having daily access to our congregation and community.
- Windows! We need to place shutting windows inside all of the smaller metal bar windows shown in the home, and metal grating inside the larger ones. Why? To (help) keep out rats, tarantulas, and our friendly neighborhood snakes! Not to mention the torrential rains that come sideways in the rainy season.
- Doors! We have outer doors installed, but inner household doors are not yet in place.
- Sheetrock. The metal roofing does not touch the concrete… it will be the sheetrock roof that keeps out, again, rats and other such pests.
- Electric wiring.
- Floor tiles
These are our next projects for this lovely building! It’s still a big financial jump to accomplish these tasks.
Can you help?
If so, please see our “GIVE” link above! Note- no funds given to the “Suprint Church Build fund” are being used for this structure (storage depo or apartment mentioned below). Funds donated there are reserved strictly for the actual church building, so if you want to help complete the storage depo, please donate under “Suprint Ministry”.