Our church of 50-60 has been meeting under metal-roofed outdoor covered area. This was a major upgrade from the sticks and tarps we used previously (see below)! Though we have room for our current congregation, it is lacking in space when church events bring in surging numbers of people from the surrounding community. We long to have a structure that can accommodate far more people.
We are fundraising to build a proper building… to get out of Haiti’s monsoon rainstorms and have space for even community events!
Phases of the church building plan:
- Level a space for the foundation
2. Build the foundation (sand, rocks and concrete).
3. Put up the walls. This would be done with concrete, which is the least expensive and most prevalent building material in our area.
4. Install a metal roof.
5. Crepisage, (a protective concrete coating over the block walls which extends their life and strength), painting and furnishing.
WHAT IS BEING PROPOSED?
The building would include the worship center, office and a classroom.
HOW MUCH WILL IT COST?
Click the “Contact” tab above to contact us to get the details of where we are at real-time in the project, and for current estimates for completion!
WHY DO WE NEED A BUILDING?
The building would give this particular body of Christ a steady place for fellowship, hearing the Word of God, serving, and getting involved in ministry. This building would be a great asset for discipleship/training the people of God.
Also, Haiti houses a lot of superstitions about rain… particularly that it makes people sick. Continuing church under an outdoor gazebo-type structure during the two annual rainy seasons is difficult, since the wind rips through the structure and most people do not come.
HOW TO GET INVOLVED
We need prayer partners as we move forward with this project, as well as financial partners for each phase of the project.
To donate specifically to the building fund, please either:
- Write a check to Camano Chapel, specifying “Suprint Building Fund” or…
- Donate online at the Camano Chapel website, specifying “Suprint Church Building Fund”